Central Railway on Tuesday cancelled the proposed special traffic and power block at Kasara in the Igatpuri-Khardi section, which was scheduled from May 19 to May 22, 2026.
According to an official statement, the block had been planned to carry out preparatory overhead equipment (OHE) work related to the removal of infringement along the route.
It said that the block was intended to facilitate essential maintenance and infrastructure work on the section. However, the plan has now been withdrawn, and no disruption will take place during the mentioned period.
No impact on train services
With the cancellation of the block, train operations on the Igatpuri-Khardi section will continue as normal. Passengers will not face any changes or interruptions in services on this route during the earlier proposed dates.
Central Railway has requested passengers to take note of the cancellation and assured that there will be no special traffic or power blocks during the stated period.
CR moves to take over CIDCO-run Navi Mumbai stations
Meanwhile, following mounting complaints over the poor condition of Navi Mumbai railway stations maintained by CIDCO, the Central Railway on Friday sought complete handover of all stations under the civic body, along with their revenue models, promising full maintenance and upkeep. The proposal was discussed at a meeting on Friday, with officials indicating the transfer could be completed within six months.
Will take complete responsibility: Spokesperson
‘We will take complete responsibility, but CIDCO needs to vacate and hand over the entire premise to us. It cannot be that railways maintain the station, and the revenue is taken by CIDCO. The Navi Mumbai stations are getting revenue only because of the presence of the railways. The real estate value of the place has only gone up because of the presence of railways. CIDCO also takes a surcharge from railway passengers’
A railway spokesperson
Years of the blame game
Passengers have faced hardship for years due to poor coordination between CIDCO and the railway administration, with both agencies allegedly shifting responsibility over station maintenance and repairs.
“After positive discussions in this meeting, the railway administration has agreed to accept the transfer of all the stations under CIDCO jurisdiction to the Railways, carry out pre-monsoon works, and carry out daily works in the next six months,” Mhaske said.









