​Pahalgam terror attack: Victim`s daughter still awaits job offer promised by gov 

Ten months after a terror attack in Pahalgam claimed her father`s life, Asawari Jagdale is still waiting for the Maharashtra government to deliver on its promise of a state job.

While Asawari voiced her concern on Monday in Pune, BJP leader Navnath Ban promised to escalate the delay directly to Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.

Asawari`s father, Santosh Jagdale, was one of 26 victims who died when terrorists opened fire in Pahalgam`s Baisaran meadows on April 22 last year.

Following the massacre, the state government had announced Rs 50 lakh in financial aid to the families of the six victims from Maharashtra and government employment to their next of kin.

“It has been 10 months since a promise was made that I would be getting a job in the government, but unfortunately, there has not been any development in this regard,” Asawari told media persons.

She said Rajya Sabha MP Medha Kulkarni has written to Union Minister Amit Shah, apprising him about the state government`s assurances.

“I have been in contact with the offices of Deputy Chief Minister Eknath Shinde and Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis. Officials have only been telling us that they have been following up on the issue,” she said.

The family has been facing financial hardship since her father`s death, and their savings have depleted, she said, urging officials to try to address the matter soon.

Asked about Asawari`s pleas, Ban, the Maharashtra BJP`s media in-charge, said he would take up the issue with the chief minister.

Speaking to reporters, he said, “The BJP`s stand is to support the Jagdale family and other families affected by the terror attack. I assure that I will personally take up the matter with the chief minister and the state party leadership.”

The BJP corporator said that Fadnavis is a sensitive leader who would look into the issue and try to ensure justice at the earliest. 

This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever

 

  • Related Posts

    ​Shiv Sena (UBT) leader Kishori Pednekar becomes first woman LoP in BMC 

    ​ Former Mumbai mayor and Uddhav Thackeray-led Shiv Sena (UBT) corporator Kishori Pednekar on Monday became the first woman to hold the post of Leader of Opposition (LOP) in BMC’s…

    ​RTE admissions 2026: BMC announces online entry from February 17, ends March 10 

    ​ The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Monday announced that the 25 per cent admission process under the Right to Education (RTE) Act for the academic year 2026-27 will commence…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *